Model 749 utilizes three forward and three reverse working speeds and Differential Drive with Lockout for increased maneuverability. The third working speed gives increased production efficiency, especially in mowing applications. As with all PowerSafe models, the 749 does not have a transport speed.
One of the main advantages model 749 has over smaller models, is individual wheel brakes for increased maneuverability. This feature is extremely useful when operating heavier attachments like the 32" Brush Mower. Like all PowerSafe models, Model 749 also includes a parking brake for extra safety when transporting or stopping on a slope.
The 749 is equipped with a Honda GX390 in recoil or electric start.
The 749's PowerSafe clutch differs from standard models by utilizing a hydro-mechanical, “wet” clutch instead of the spring-loaded, double-cone clutch. This clutch is more resistant to overheating because it's cooled by circulated oil instead of air. It's also better suited for implements requiring higher torque, such as the Flail mower or Chipper/Shredder. The PowerSafe clutch is longer-lasting, backed by a five-year warranty. It also gives operators smoother shifting, safer operation, and immediate stoppage when the clutch lever is released. The PowerSafe clutch is patented and exclusive to tractors made by BCS.
- Differential Drive with Lockout
- Two wheel brakes on both handlebars & a parking brake
- PowerSafe clutch for longer life and smoother operation
- Stops power to the implement when the safety lever is released without shutting down the engine
- Separate control to turn the engine off
- FREE Quick Hitch set (1 bushing, 1 tang per implement) with purchase of tractor & two PTO driven attachments!
- Battery not included for electric start tractors.
- Honda GX390 engine with Recoil or Electric Start
- 5x12 wheels standard (22" tire diameter)
- Engine: Honda GX390
- Electric Start Option: Yes
- Weight: 342 pounds (with 30'' tiller)
- Working Speeds: 3 forward, 3 reverse
- Working Wheel Speeds: 0.8, 1.8 and 2.7 MPH
- Transport Wheel Speed: N/A
- Standard Wheel Size: 5'' x 12''
- Transmission: All Gear Drive
- Axle Configuration: Differential Drive with Lockout
- Clutch Type: Hydro-mechanical, "wet"
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR SHIPPING/DELIVERY QUOTE